The Interactive Media Lab at the Technische Universität Dresden is conducting research in the field of multi-modal Human-Computer Interaction and Interactive Information Visualization. Our research is focused on how we can interact in a natural way with data and visualizations, especially on interactive surfaces (from smartwatches to wall-sized displays) in multi-device environments as well as in mobile and mixed reality settings.
We are looking for PhD students and PostDocs
We are offering the following PhD / PostDoc positions:
- 2 positions (full time) in the CRC248 „Foundations of Perspicuous Software Systems“ in the field of interactive information visualization, immersive visualization and natural interaction. See official job offer: English / German.
- 1 position (full time) in the cluster of excellence „Centre for Tactile Internet with Human-in-the-Loop“ on the topic of designing and evaluating smart adaptive interaction and multimodal feedback / feedforward strategies with wearables in ubiquitous settings. See official job offer: English (extended description).
- 1 combined position (full time) in the cluster of excellence „Physics of Life“ and the ScaDS Dresden/Leipzig „Competence Center for Scalable Data Services and Solutions“ in the field of immersive analytics and immersive scientific data exploration using natural interaction techniques in multi-display and mixed reality environments. Official job offer will follow in the beginning of January.
All positions involve interdisciplinary co-operations and are backed by government-based funding. The positions are available starting early next year. We will reimburse travel costs for invited candidates. Applications are possible beyond the deadlines until these positions are filled.
Interested? Contact us!
Please direct questions directly to Prof. Raimund Dachselt. For applications, please check the information stated in the individual job postings.
We are looking for Student Assistants (SHK/WHK)
- Programming (Python and web technologies) tasks within the CollabWall project (collaborative work in multi-device environments). See the posting for details. Contact: Anke Lehmann.
- Programming (web technologies) and research tasks within the GEMS project (multivariate graph visualization). See the posting for details. Contact: Tom Horak.
Technische Universität Dresden
The Technische Universität Dresden (TUD) is one of the largest universities of technology in Germany and one of the leading and most dynamic universities in Germany. As a full-curriculum university with 18 faculties in five schools it covers a wide research spectrum. Its focuses of Biomedicine, Bioengineering, Materials sciences, Information technology, Microelectronics as well as Energy and Environment are considered exemplary in Germany and throughout Europe. Since 2012 TUD is officially one of Germany’s “Universities of Excellence”.
For more information about the university, see tu-dresden.de.