Following the tradition of bringing the German HCI community and friends together before going to CHI (Oldenburg 2019, Ulm 2022), the German Pre-CHI 2023 will be hosted in Dresden. The idea of the event is to provide an opportunity for researchers from Germany to present their accepted CHI papers and discuss them in a smaller circle. Additionally, it provides an excellent opportunity for younger researchers to get a taste of the quality of work presented at CHI and network with other peers, as well as senior researchers. Therefore, everyone from students to professors interested in HCI is welcome.
The event is taking place over two days and includes paper talks, poster & demo sessions, coffee breaks, lunch, and lots of informal discussions. We are planning to have several paper sessions, in which young researchers will present their paper talks. After each presentation, we will have a discussion session, which will include the “usual” CHI discussion, but also comments and suggestions on presentation style, slides, etc. in order to optimally prepare you for a presentation at CHI. There will also be an informal session where late-breaking works and demos can be presented and discussed.
The registration deadline is March 2nd, 2023.
In general, participation is free of charge. However, costs for traveling and accommodation are self-paid.
This years’ edition of the German Pre-CHI is organized as an onsite event. It will be located in the building Andreas-Pfitzmann-Bau (APB) at Technische Universität Dresden (Campus Navigator, Google Maps). The address is:
- TU Dresden – Fakultät Informatik
Nöthnitzer Straße 46
Dresden offers a large variety of hotels. Based on our experience regarding the reachability of the hotels themselves as well as the way to the faculty building, we recommend the following hotels:
We suggest to use public transport (DVB) to drive to the venue. You can either use
- Bus line 85 to the station Helmholtzstraße, which is directly in front of the faculty building; or
- Tram line 3 to the station Münchner Platz, then walk a short distance to the building in about 5 minutes.
Information on the program will be published here soon.
- Registration & Program: Rufat Rzayev
- Local Arrangements: Ramona Behling
- Demos & Lab Tours: Katja Krug and Marc Satkowski
- Technical Assistance: Udo Wähner
- Print & Signage: Konstantin Klamka
- Social Media: Wolfgang Büschel
- Website: Ricardo Langner
- Social Event: Mats Ole Ellenberg
- General Chair: Raimund Dachselt